Cloud Specialist – Cloud and Network Operations
We are looking for a Cloud Specialist - Cloud and Network Operations.
Cloud and Network Operations
Cloud and Network Operations own the responsibility of Telenor Connexion internal systems as well as core platforms, cloud services and networks delivering services to our customers.
We are now looking for a Cloud Specialist to join our team owning the operational responsibility of our cloud environment, hosted in Amazon web Services. We believe you have a few years of experience working with any of the large vendors, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Alibaba Cloud. We believe you have a strong operational mindset where the availability of our environments and services are highly prioritized.
You will be working with an experienced team, handling the daily operations of our cloud environment. In this role, you will be working with monitoring, performance optimization, automation and scalability of Telenor Connexion services.
In Telenor Connexion we have a strong security awareness to meet high demands from our global customers. We expect you to meet our demands and to take part of our daily security operations. You will work closely with your fellow colleagues in most of our departments like Product Development, Technology Architechture, Service Management and Service Operation Center.
This role reports directly to the Head of Cloud and Network Operations.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be part of an experienced team and contribute to Telenor Connexion’s continued success.
· Member of the team responsible for the operations of our cloud environment
· Member of the team responsible for operations and maintenance of integrations
· Collaborate with the Technology department on architectural decisions related to our cloud environment and infrastructure
· Member of the team responsible for setting requirements on new design, systems or applications that will be deployed in our environment from an operational and security perspective
· Cost and capacity management of our platforms
· Development and deployment of needed processes and tools for operations
· Enable complete surveillance and monitoring for platforms, services and infrastructure
· Operations stakeholder in development projects related to our cloud environment, infrastructure and integrations
· Member of the team responsible for keeping documentation within Cloud and Network Operations up to date
· Always strive for improvements in our deployment, operations and support
· On-call outside office hours is applied on a scheduled basis
· You have the ability to see automation possibilities and the skills to execute them
Skills and competencies:
We believe you have a deep technical understanding and can easily understand design patterns of infrastructure. We expect you to be an engineer by experience and education and to have a mindset to always improve and secure our operations and delivery to customers and users.
You are experienced in one or more of the common scripting languages (i.e Python, NodeJS) and have an open mind to develop your skills and learn more.
You are experienced in network and will be part of 24/7 on-call. You have experience in managing networks, such as Cisco-equipment and VPNs.
· You have extensive knowledge and experience managing cloud environments, infrastructure and integrations
· You have knowledge and understanding in design and best practices of cloud environments
· You are very comfortable in at least one programming/scripting language (Python, NodeJS, etc.) and not afraid to learn additional ones
· You have knowledge managing Cisco equipment, routing and VPN
· You have a good understanding of concepts in the Communication and Network Security
· You have strong experience in system administration (Linux)
· You have experience of services offered in cloud environments, primarily Amazon Web Services.
· You have experience and understanding of CI/CD
· You have experience of cloud environment monitoring
As a person we think you are:
Enthusiastic about the possibilities, as well as the challenges, that comes from working in a complex environment. You are also an independent person who takes own initiatives. You have a strong security mindset that you apply in your everyday work.
We expect you to be very customer focused as we all thrive to exceed our customers’ expectations. You are also highly solution oriented; even if there appears to be no solution – you will strive to find it.
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to develop this role to its full potential, please do not hesitate to contact Karl-Johan Lidenalv, Head of Cloud and Network Operations, e-mail address: [email protected]
We accept applications through our recruitment system Workday.
Placement: Karlskrona, Stockholm or Göteborg
Deadline: The closing date for applications is February 14th, 2021.