Cloud Platform Architect
We are currently looking for a Cloud Platform Architect.
We are expanding our Technology and Development team and we are now looking for strong, experienced and outgoing members to our Managed IoT Cloud (MIC) platform.
MIC is our second generation IoT enablement Platform and is in production since a few years back. The platform has successfully proved to shorten the time to market for our new IoT customer. MIC is built on APIs and used for securely connecting and managing devices and do fleet updates of firmware. The platform also process data, read sensors and actuate controllers on the connected things. The platform is enterprise ready by allowing B2B and B2C clients to implement business logic via an advanced rule engine allowing automation and data feeds to third party solutions, as well as store, search and analyze the ingested data. Main customers are within the industrial manufacturing vertical and have a global coverage.
You will work as a Cloud Platform Architect in our Technology Development team and lead the technical development of Managed IoT Cloud platform. The role will include designing new features, API-endpoints, and improvements of performance. The platform is almost completely serverless and build mainly on AWS native services. Our company have an all-in approach to Amazon Web Services, and we require you to have at least a certificate of AWS Solution Architect associate level. You will not have team members directly reporting to you, but you will be the day-to-day leader of Managed IoT Cloud development team and be the ultimate responsible for the technical solution and the technical road map.
As a Cloud Platform Architect, you will be:
- Deciding on high-level designs of microservices to collectively deliver the overall platform capabilities.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of metrics and observability patterns for the data processing and infrastructure utilization.
- Designing and maintaining frameworks using infrastructure-as-code.
- Implementing secure, cost-effective and robust and scalable design patterns.
- Executing pilots and proof of concepts for new solutions and components.
- Participating in Customer meetings to learn use cases and market needs from a technical perspective.
- MSc in Engineering or similar higher-level education.
- 3+ years of working experience as a Senior Solution Architect.
- Experience as a technical lead of team of 5 or more people.
- Holder of a valid AWS Solution Architect Associate Certificate or higher.
- Solid experience in AWS serverless world (Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, SAM).
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of the ISO27001 standard.
- Experience from ElasticSearch in a production environment.
- Experience from dev environments utilizing CI and/or CD, including test automation.
- Swedish speaking.
As a person, you are:
- Strong as a leader
- Team player
- Skilled in Stakeholder management.
- Taking pride in sharing technical know-how and good practice.
- Thriving in an AWS environment.
- Passionate about possibilities of IoT.
- Driver for improvements.
- Comfortable in representing the technical aspects of the platform in customer and partner meetings.
- Responsible and business oriented.
- Positive and optimistic.
- Proactive and dependable.
- Demonstrating the Telenor Values in daily work and instill these values in the team (Always Explore, Create Together, Keep Promises and Be Respectful).
The CTO Office consists of five departments; Project Management, Product Management, Roaming Management, Technology Architecture, Technology Development. This role reports to the Head of Technology Development.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior architects, software engineers, testers, data scientists and data engineers, several of them possess AWS certificates and the platform has went through multiple Well Architecture Framework reviews by AWS. Telenor Connexion is Technical Partner with AWS and in close collaboration with AWS we get early access to new services and have had several one-2-one meetings with AWS product teams over the years. Teams are a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach, following scrum methodologies and adopting serverless best practices. An indication of being an awesome team, we see that many developers have a desire to return to the team and also do so after a spending some time elsewhere.
The primary stakeholders of the Technology Development team are the product owners who is responsible for the long-term strategy of the product and platform, as well as maintain the product backlog and priorities among user stories and clarify the context.
Stockholm/Solna (preferred), Gothenburg/Mölndal or Karlskrona
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to take on this role and develop into your full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Anders Bresell +46 709-335585 or [email protected]
Please send your CV and a cover letter that complements the CV to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for applications is January 20th, 2020.