We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer.
We are expanding our Technology Development team and we are now looking for software engineer with a talent for Node.JS and AWS to our Managed IoT Cloud (MIC) platform.
MIC is our second generation IoT enablement Platform and is in production since a few years back. The platform has successfully proved to shorten the time to market for our new IoT customer. MIC is built on APIs and used for securely connecting and managing devices and do fleet updates of firmware. The platform also process data, read sensors and actuate controllers on the connected things. The platform is enterprise ready by allowing B2B and B2C clients to implement business logic via an advanced rule engine allowing automation and data feeds to third party solutions, as well as store, search and analyze the ingested data. Main customers are within the industrial manufacturing vertical and have a global coverage.
The role will include developing new features, API-endpoints, and improvements of performance. The platform is almost completely serverless and build using Node.JS. Our company have an all-in approach to Amazon Web Services, so if you have a passion and deep knowledge of their services it is a plus.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be:
- Working with technologies like Node.JS, GraphQL, AWS and ElasticSearch.
- Delivering high quality code that is well tested and documented.
- Implementing metrics and observability patterns for the data processing and infrastructure utilization.
- Creating and maintaining infrastructure by code.
- Implementing secure, cost-effective and robust and scalable design patterns.
- Executing pilots and proof of concepts for new solutions and components.
If it is in your interest, there is possibilities to deeply engage with customers and partners that develop solutions based on our Managed IoT Cloud platform. Ensuring knowledge transfer, instilling best practice and making them successful.
- MSc in Engineering or similar higher-level education.
- 3+ years of working experience as a backend developer.
- Solid experience in Node.JS.
- Ability to quickly learn and master AWS services.
- Fluent in English
- AWS certification (one or several of Associate/Professional Architecture, DevOps, Developer, etc) or expect to be able to acquire a certificate within the first year.
- Experience from dev environments utilizing CI and/or CD, including test automation.
- Solid understanding and experience of AWS lambda and microservices.
- Swedish speaking.
Over the years to come we foresee you will have the talent and ambition to grow into a solution architect.
As a person, you are:
- Team player
- Taking pride in sharing technical know-how and good practice.
- Thriving in an AWS environment
- Passionate about possibilities of IoT.
- Driver for improvements.
- Responsible and business oriented.
- Positive and optimistic.
- Proactive and dependable.
- Demonstrating the Telenor Values in daily work and instill these values in the team (Always Explore, Create Together, Keep Promises and Be Respectful).
The CTO Office consists of five departments; Project Management, Product Management, Roaming Management, Technology Architecture, Technology Development. This role reports to the Head of Technology Development.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior architects, software engineers, testers, data scientists and data engineers, several of them possess AWS certificates and the platform has went through multiple Well Architecture Framework reviews by AWS. Telenor Connexion is Technical Partner with AWS and in close collaboration with AWS we get early access to new services and have had several one-2-one meetings with AWS product teams over the years.
Teams are a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach, following scrum methodologies and adopting serverless best practices. An indication of being an awesome team, we see that many developers have a desire to return to the team and also do so after a spending some time elsewhere.
The primary stakeholders of the Technology Development team are the product owners who is responsible for the long-term strategy of the product and platform, as well as maintain the product backlog and priorities among user stories and clarify the context.
Stockholm/Solna, Gothenburg/Mölndal or Karlskrona
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to take on this role and develop into your full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Anders Bresell +46 709-335585 or [email protected]
Please send your CV and a cover letter that complements the CV to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for applications is January 20th, 2020.