Every year the Telematics Awards, organised by Telematics Update, recognises and celebrates the key companies that are driving the industry forward and pushing the boundaries in GPS technology.
Finalists for these awards stand out in an industry where innovation is expected as the norm and companies clamour for publicity, platform and prestige.
– This is a very important year for the industry, as companies realise that in order to stand out and win market-share they need to produce and promote innovative products and solutions, and because of that we received nominations that were stronger than ever, says Precksha Saksena, Managing Director/editor of Telematics Update.
Duringthe past six months, hundreds of companies have nominated themselves or their partners and clients through the Telematics Awards website. An independent panel of industry experts from the digital automotive, mobile and web industries have analysed the submissions and individually narrowed down a few finalist in each of the following categories:
- Telematics Leadership
- Industry Newcomer
- Best Embedded Telematic Service
- Best Embedded Telematics Navigation Product
- Best Portable Telematics Solution
- Best Portable Telematics Solution
- Best Portable Navigation System
- Best Aftermarket Device
- Best Telematics Component Solution
- Best Telematics Service & Application for Commercial Vehicles
- Best use of Telematics Technology in the Public sector
- Car Manufacturer Innovation Award
Commenting on making the shortlist in both Industry Newcomer and Telematics Leadership Award, Telenor Connexion’s CEO Per Simonsen says:
– We are very honoured to be recognised by Telematics Update for our innovative approach within telematics and M2M communications. Following the launch of Telenor Connexion last October, this nomination further validates that we are on track to meet global M2M customers evolving needs and to help develop a healthy marketplace.
Telematics Update will reveal all the winners at an exclusive awards dinner on June 2, 2009 at Hotel Baronette (in connection with the 9th annual Telematics Detroit 2009 Conference & Exhibition, which takes place on June 2-3 at the Rock Financial Showplace in Michigan, Novi, USA.)
For more information, please contact:
Kristina Grandin, PR and Communication, Telenor Connexion firstname.lastname@example.org, +46734 25 26 21
About Telematics Update
Telematics Update is the world’s leading provider of business to business telematics intelligence, specializing in conferences, large scale events, and seminars. Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics event in North America and Europe and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking. For more information please visit www.telematicsupdate.com
About Telenor Connexion
Telenor Connexion is a leading global provider of M2M connectivity solutions. Machine-to-machine (M2M) communication is a rapidly expanding market. Companies in industries as diverse as automotive, security, utilities and fleet management are implementing M2M solutions to achieve productivity gains, cost management, environmental improvement and to expand customer services. With more than 10 years of experience and over
1,3 million active SIM-cards Telenor Connexion is an experienced and reliable partner. We are dedicated to our customers’ business and understand their needs. Telenor Connexion has provided international, cost-effective M2M communication solutions to a number of global customers such as Volvo, Daimler and Securitas Direct. According to leading industry analyst Bergh Insight Telenor is “the most advanced mobile operator in the area of M2M” and also “the dominant provider of wireless M2M connectivity”.
Telenor Connexion is wholly owned by Telenor Group, an international provider of high quality mobile communications services to customers in 12 markets across Asia and Europe. For more information please visit www.telenorconnexion.com