This vacancy has now been filled. To review our current vacancies, please take a look at our Career page.
As the Strategic Segment Manager for Industrial Manufacturing you will be instrumental in shaping and executing a new Telenor IoT initiative based on our global growth strategy. Within the Industrial Manufacturing team you will embark on an exciting journey to define, develop and start selling Telenor’s extended offering around connected products for global equipment manufacturers.
The Industrial Manufacturing team works in collaboration with lead customers to define solutions to current pain points and facilitate implementation of new and existing services. We build a small but experienced team with multiple competencies in order to be flexible and move quicker to value creation with services beyond existing offering.
As Strategic Segment Manager you act specifically as the industry expert and business developer in the team and your ability to understand customer value drivers coupled with technology understanding will guide the team and influence customer. In addition you will also lead broader initiatives within your segment responsibility and guide and support the rest of the organization around which customers and use cases to target, what challenges to address and how to address those needs. This includes participating and driving strategic development and strategic initiatives as well as supporting strategic customer dialogues beyond the Industrial Manufacturing initiative.
The Industrial Manufacturing department is part of the CMO Office which consists of several teams such as Marketing, Partner Management and Segment Management. The Strategic Segment Manager reports to Head of Industrial Manufacturing.
Based on your experience and expertise you will understand customer needs and value drivers and work together with Industrial Manufacturing team and lead customers to articulate needs and drive business development of new services
- Lead work streams / lead customer cases that are relevant to expertise area
- Drive work to articulate, visualize and communicate value propositions for new solution components within the IM initiative
- Assess business impact and opportunity for new components and ensure ability to scale beyond lead customers
Responsible for developing and maintaining our offering and strategic planning towards customers in Industrial Manufacturing verticals and participate in the overall strategic process and lifecycle management of market segmentation
- What segments to address and rationale
- What should be our main value proposition towards the target market
- What is our offering towards specific use cases and how to industrialize sales and delivery
- Which customers and use cases to address
- Annual company strategy process and ad hoc strategic questions
- Ensure documented understanding of key criteria’s and reasons for our performance, market intelligence in general and the segment specifically incl. win/loss analysis
- Represent Connexion towards selected industry associations and relevant analysts
- Understand and follow market and technology trends to assess business opportunities
- Support Partner Manager in understanding the ecosystem players and develop strategic partners to deliver solutions within the initiative
- Education in business, engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have a management consulting or other background with proven business development expertise in complex settings in high tech, industrial manufacturing or automotive industries
- You have strong presentation and communication skills capable of bridging multiple disciplines and executive stakeholders.
- Understanding of Internet of Things technology and how it can be applied to bring customer benefits is a big plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of and experience from an M2M related area is qualifying, but most important is your competence and relevant experience.
- Positive, self-driven and motivated by working with tight deadlines and achieving results
- A team player who collaborates well with others. Working as a part of a team comes natural to you and you recognize the importance of the whole team working towards the same goal
- Ready to step up and proactively take on tasks outside direct area of responsibility
- Motivated by building something new
- Structured and can manage several tasks simultaneously
- You take initiative and a natural ability to see where help is needed, and when it is needed.
- You keep your promises.
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to develop this role to its full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Niklas Agerhem +46 734417529 or niklas.agerhem[email protected]. Please send your cover letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for applications is May 31st, 2019. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.