IT-Operations own the responsibility of Telenor Connexion internal systems as well as core platforms, cloud services and networks that deliver services to our customers.
We are now looking for a Network and BSS Specialist to our team that will own the operational responsibility of our core environment, infrastructure and BSS systems. Since you will manage the foundation of some of our core platforms it is important that you have vast experience working with IP-networks and infrastructural equipment.
You will also be part of our team managing Telenor Connexion BSS systems. We consider experience from BSS operations as a major plus.
We expect you to be an engineer by experience and education but also having a mindset to always improve and secure our operations and delivery to customers and users.
You will work closely with your fellow colleagues in most of our departments like Product Development, Technology, Service Delivery and Customer Service. This role reports directly to the Head of IT-Operations.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be part of a newly established unit and contribute to Telenor Connexion´s continued success.
- Responsible for the operations of our IP core environment and infrastructure
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of our BSS systems
- Collaborate with the Technology department on architectural decisions related to our core environment and infrastructure
- Responsible for setting requirements on new design, systems or applications that will be deployed in our environment from an operational and security perspective
- Cost and capacity management of our platforms and usage
- Development and deployment of needed processes and tools for operations
- Enable complete surveillance and monitoring for platforms, services and infrastructure
- Operations stakeholder in development projects related to our core environment and infrastructure
- Responsible for keeping documentation within IT-Operations up to date
- Always strive for improvements in our deployment, operations and support
- 3rd line support for our core network and infrastructure
- On-call outside office hours is applied on a scheduled basis
Skills and competencies:
- You have extensive knowledge and experience managing IP networks including; IPv4 and IPv6, OSPF, MPLS, IPSec, etc.
- You have knowledge managing Cisco routers and switches
- You have a good understanding of concepts in the Communication and Network Security
- You have a good understanding of networking management Tools, Security and Identity, Analytics, Internet of Things, and Application Services
- You have strong experience in system administration (Linux/Unix)
- You have experience of services offered in Amazon Web Services.
- You have experience of working with BSS system backend and frontend
- You should be comfortable in at least one programming/scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.) and not afraid to learn additional ones
- Knowledge about or experience from Telenor Connexion systems and infrastructure is a major plus
As a person we think you are:
Enthusiastic about the possibilities, as well as the challenges, that comes from working in a newly established unit. You are also an independent person who takes own initiatives. You have a strong security mindset that you apply in your everyday work.
We expect you to be very customer focused as we all thrive to exceed our customers’ expectations. You are also highly solution oriented; even if there appears to be no solution – you will strive to find it.
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to develop this role to its full potential, please do not hesitate to contact Karl-Johan Lidenalv, Head of IT-Operations, e-mail address: email@example.com
Please send your cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Placement: Karlskrona or Stockholm
Deadline: The closing date for applications is January 14th, 2018.