Access Point Name
Access Point Name (APN) is necessary for connectivity between the mobile network and the internet in an IoT solution.With APN the device knows where in the mobile network to connect to allow internet access.
There are three types of APNs to choose from:
- Standard APN – suitable when only internet access is required.
- Customized APN – offers customer specific name for the APN.
- Private APN – used for a secure connection together with a VPN.
- Possibility to use a company name for the APN.
- Multiple SIM cards can attach to the same APN.
Virtual Private Network
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) protects the transfer of information through the internet and increases the security of the product. A VPN creates a secure connection between your data center and the IoT platform.
- Single VPN.
- Redundant VPN – adds extra robustness.
- Increased security.
- Lowered risk of data loss.
- Possibility to restrict data traffic.
- High availability.
Short Message Service Center Account
Short Message Service Center (SMSC) account provides the ability to send and receive SMS between applications in the customer´s data center and the product.
- Customizable capacity for number of SMS delivery attempts.
- Option to select the address number used to access the SMSC.
- Choose between short, long or alphanumeric address numbers.
- Send SMS to all your products at once.
Remote SIM Management
Remote SIM Management (RSM) provides the possibility to remotely change a mobile network operator after the product is deployed. RSM gives flexibility to the product design since the IoT device can be placed where it does not need to be physically accessible.
- Robust and resilient embedded SIM card for demanding environmental conditions.
- Remote over-the-air provisioning.
- Future proof UICC solution.
- Possibility to change MNO service provider.
- Limits need for physical maintenance.
- Increases the life cycle of the device.
- Allows slimmer design options.
- Increases security by limiting physical access.