Scania: Rolling along smoothly
Explore how Scania offer best-in-class commercial vehicle and fleet services.
- Scania is a global company with a sales and service organization that stretches over 100 countries. Scania Trucks supports owners of truck fleets across the world.
- Connected trucks provide vast amounts of valuable information in real time. Real-time access to information and data are vital in daily fleet operation and enable services to be developed and provided to customers.
- Easy and accessible tools such as the Scania mobile app and the Scania Fleet Management Portal deliver more value daily to fleet owners. And help Scania build strong and enduring relationships.
- The goal for Telenor Connexion is to ensure that Scania Trucks have the solutions and tools to deliver better cost efficiency solutions. These are solutions that will help increase productivity, performance and profits while at the same time reducing emissions.
Scania is a global company with a sales and service organization that stretches over 100 countries. Scania Trucks supports owners of truck fleets across the world with solutions designed to help fleet owners build their business and increase their profits.
Trucks are meant to be on the road earning money. But how can you optimize utilization, minimize downtime and at the same time save costs and cut emissions?
Connected trucks provide vast amounts of valuable information in real time. Real-time access to data on fuel consumption, vehicle diagnostics and positioning, are vital in daily fleet operation. Based on the data, services can be developed and provided to customers that address specific needs like lowering fuel consumption and increasing uptime.
Deploying and operating critical services like Scania Fleet Management on a global basis is a great challenge.
Telenor Connexion keeps pushing the boundaries to be continuously ahead with new ideas and solutions for ensuring that Scania Trucks are getting all support they need for their fleets worldwide using IoT for transportation. The ultimate goal is for Scania Trucks to deliver better cost efficiency solutions that increase productivity, performance and profits, while at the same time reducing emissions.
Real-time vehicle information has the power to be turned into actions that provide tangible results such as reduced fuel cost for fleet owners. Scania Trucks’s connected services deliver everything required – from automated tachograph reporting to remote diagnostics and driver coaching. The systems are uniquely easy to use, which means they’re used more often, in more detail, and to greater effect.
Easy and accessible tools that deliver value on a constant basis, such as the Scania mobile app and the Scania Fleet Management Portal, are also ways of getting closer to fleet owners and strengthening relations.
Another key aspect is vehicle uptime. With the new Streamline, Scania Trucks is introducing several new services that boost uptime and facilitate interaction with the workshop. Since the truck is always connected, it can automatically report pending faults or key diagnostic data. With this information, service planning is facilitated with minimum downtime for fleet owners.
Access to the right information on vehicle and driver behaviour combined with suitable driver coaching, provides fleet owners with the capacity to reduce fuel consumption by as much as 10 percent. This reduces costs and emissions. trucks are on the road more than 200,000 km per year, and a 10 percent saving impacts greatly on the bottom line.
The relationship between Scania and Telenor Connexion is strong, and the functional and geographical scope of the partnership has evolved over time. There is an ongoing dialogue between the project teams on how to further optimize and fine-tune not only the technical solution, but also the processes around testing, logistics and operations.
Transportation is essential to society, and today other parts of the transportation infrastructure like road tolls, traffic management, etc., are getting connected. Hence, Telenor Connexion is truly aware of the potential for Scania to fully utilize and capitalize on connected opportunities.
It’s the details that matter for our customers.
– Karin Rådström, Director, Vehicle and driver services, Scania.