Astrata: Managed connectivity to propel fleet management forward
Driving in the right direction to unlock greater innovation and benefits.
- Astrata identified that existing transport management systems and supply-chain solutions were struggling to cope with the rapidly growing Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) market in Europe.
- Astrata recognised that existing transport management systems and supply-chain solutions were struggling to cope with modern enterprise needs. To keep up with the market shifts as vans rapidly gain popularity in Europe, Astrata decided to create an offering, VanLinc that is better tailored for the LCV market.
- Astrata turned to Telenor Connexion to get a connectivity solution they required to quickly rollout Astrata’s VanLinc, a new platform designed specifically for LCV fleets.
- VanLinc is an easy-to-use solution that provides real-time insights on drivers, vehicles and other assets, helping businesses boost productivity and increases capacity for work globally.
- Telenor Connexion ensured the rollout of Astrata’s VanLinc was smooth and finalized within less than three months.
Astrata Europe delivers advanced fleet management and software solutions to over 1,500 transport and logistics companies throughout Europe. Its solutions are used by industry leaders such as DHL, TNT Express, Tesco, Linde and Shell.
When Astrata identified that existing transport management systems and supply-chain solutions were struggling to cope with the rapidly growing Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) market in Europe, they set out to develop a more modern solution that would better serve fleet operator’s needs. They turned to Telenor Connexion to get the support required.
VanLinc, a new LCV fleets platform is an easy-to-use solution that provides real-time insights on drivers, vehicles and other assets, helping businesses boost productivity, efficiency and increase capacity for work globally.
Several market factors in Europe including the rise of e-commerce; the growth in popularity of ride sharing platforms and regulatory forces requiring compliance with tougher emissions standards have all led to the emergency of modern enterprise needs. Astrata decided to create an offering better tailored for the LCV market. Working with Telenor Connexion, it found the support and solutions they needed to quickly rollout VanLinc. The offering provides real-time GPS tracking of all vehicles in a fleet, along with the monitoring of vehicle performance.
Astrata’s VanLinc solution uses Telenor Connexion’s connectivity management solution. The onboard VanLinc computer hardware was installed in each van and it connects to the cloud via mobile IoT SIM technology. To meet platform demands it offers various functions. For instance it integrates with refrigeration systems to help maintain constant temperature control during transport. With a single stock-keeping unit (SKU) for their SIMs, Astrata can offer their VanLinc platform to customers around the world.
Telenor Connexion was able to respond quickly to Astrata’s fleet management system requirements. Furthermore, it took less than three months for Astrata to begin generating business value.
Fleet operators in the heavily regulated trucking market are predominantly focused on using connected solutions to reduce cost of operations and meet regulatory standards. Now VanLinc could go even further in generating value.
In respect of monitoring a mobile workforce it can increase compliance with lone worker protection regulations. It increases safety and efficiency, which ultimately means getting more jobs done in the same amount of time. LCV fleet managers can use VanLinc not only to monitor all their vehicles, but also access and act on analytics related to driver and vehicle performance.
Importantly, the VanLinc system is a single solution that integrates seamlessly with other operational software and systems enabling the fleet to be connected to back office systems, such as HR and payroll – meaning working hours and overtime payments can be automated.
Today with the services and support of Telenor Connexion, VanLinc is able to provide a modern solution for the Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) market, better serving fleet operator’s needs.