As the Head of Product Management you will be responsible to lead a team of product managers, managing and developing the product portfolio aligned with our overall strategy and goals. The product portfolio should contribute to the overall success for Telenor Connexion by meeting market requirements and securing profitability, scalability and competitiveness.
The Product Management department is part of the CTO Office which consists of five departments; Product Management, Project Management, Technology Architecture, Technology Development and Sourcing. The Head of Product Management reports directly to the CTO.
- Lead and manage the team of Product Managers (~10 direct reports)
- Portfolio Management responsibility for all existing and new solutions
- Manage KPIs and market attractiveness for solutions in product portfolio
- Gather external and internal requirements for portfolio development and modifications, and propose actions to stay competitive
- Own the Product Launch process and secure alignment with all relevant internal stakeholders regarding solution readiness for sale
- Life cycle management of portfolio solutions, including end of life
- Secure interaction and governance of external stakeholders and suppliers related to solution
- Manage need for product development in a prioritized product portfolio backlog / roadmap
- Manage the product roadmap and identify resource need into the strategy and forecast process
- Responsible for D0, D1 and D4 decisions, as per product development process, and act as sponsor for product development
- Secure portfolio cost efficiency over time
- Work with Telenor Connexion’s pricing unit, and other department as relevant, for business models and pricing principles
- Define product portfolio strategy and manage and develop the overall product offering structure
- Education in business, engineering or equivalent experience
- You’ve been working in similar environments and have documented experience of leading teams, in projects or/and as a line manager
- At least 10 years’ experience from Product Management related roles, preferably within Telecom
- Knowledge of and experience from an M2M related area is qualifying, but most important is your competence and relevant experience
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication abilities – both written and verbal
- Experience creating design and requirements documentation
As a person you are:
- Self-driven and results-oriented
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Solid leadership abilities
- Cooperates and collaborates well with others
- Leads from the front and by example
- Brings a business- and sales-oriented perspective to technology
- Collected and organized under pressure
- No hesitation to step up and proactively take on tasks outside direct area of responsibility
- Proactive and dependable
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to develop this role to its full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Martin Whitlock +46 734252607 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your cover letter and CV to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for applications is January 6th, 2018. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.
At Telenor Connexion we design and operate connected business solutions. Building on more than 15 years of experience, a strong solutions portfolio and our collaborative approach, we make it easy to realize the value of connected services.
Together with companies such as Volvo, Nissan, Scania, Hitachi, Securitas Direct and Telcare we have designed smart and innovative connected solutions deployed across the globe.
We support our customers throughout their entire product lifecycle – from solution design to operations and future development. By partnering with Telenor Connexion you are ensured a reliable and secure end-to-end solution that can evolve over time.
Our headquarters and tech centre are located in Sweden and we have regional offices in UK, Germany, US and Japan. Telenor Connexion is wholly owned by Telenor Group, one of the world’s major mobile operators.