We are expanding our Technology and Development team and we are now looking for a technically strong, skillful and committed team player.
Who should apply
Would you like to work with the latest technologies within cloud and big data? Do you want to learn from very skilled colleagues? Do you want to develop expertise in the most modern design patterns and architectural principles? Do you want to get dedicated time and priority to develop skills in new technologies? Is your passion to make a difference, and thrive in creating value for the business and customers by turning data into insights? Are you a team player where you see the team is more than the sum of the individuals? Do you also value continuity, and maybe want to grow into a Solution or Platform Architect? Would you like to work with leaders that inspires and shape the market of Cloud, Big Data, Real-time, Analytics and IoT – where your contribution is acknowledged on conferences across the world?
If you answer is ‘Yes’ to several or all the above then you should apply for this position, as this is what you will experience as a Software Developer at Telenor Connexion.
As a Software Developer in our Technology Development team you will deliver high quality code and be a central part in our scrum teams. We have two main platforms that are already established customer products, these are based on state of the art software development and designed according to big data, real-time, scalability and cloud best practice & technology. These platforms are used for trouble shooting and to gain operational insights both internally and externally (ARTS), as well as our customer facing Managed IoT Cloud platform for managing connected devices and their data.
You will play an important role in the development of these and coming platforms, ensuring we implement the right technologies. We work according to agile methodology (Scrum) with close collaboration to the business.
To be successful as a Developer at Telenor Connexion you need to take responsibility to understand the use cases. You also need to excel in translating high level business requirements to robust solutions, frameworks and implementations, in a way that facilitates scalability, reusability and effective developing of new features, components and integrations of other systems.
The CTO Office consists of three departments; Project Management, Core Networks and Technology Development. This role reports to the Head of Technology Development.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior Data scientists, Data Engineers, Software developers and Testers, consisting of a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach. With dedication and commitment, the team deliver awesome customer products and critical business value by developing and establishing state of the art IoT-platforms, data pipeline solutions and Analytics tools. The teams are characterized by a truly inspirational, vivid and agile culture.
At Telenor Connexion, we excel in technical know-how, customer centricity, have a thirst for making informed decisions and has an inherent executive attitude. The primary stakeholders of the Technology Development team are the product and system owners who possess excellent talent in balancing critical business value, the need of specific data and features with the complexity and cost of developing and maintaining it in a long-term perspective. Furthermore, a close collaboration with IT Operations fosters a DevOps mind-set that results in a shared responsibility, yet a clear handover procedure that strives to optimize the utilization of resources and expertise.
- MSc educational background with 0-10 years of working experience within full stack software development.
- Very good Swedish and/or English communication- and presentation skills (verbal and written), preferably both languages.
- We expect you to have experience in several of the following areas:
– Time series data
– Linux, Python, Node.JS, Java
– Advanced SQL
– NoSQL (object storage and Columnar DBs)
– Developing and using APIs
– Real-time processing
– Servers-less architectures based on AWS Lambda
– Network communications including proxy and gateways
– Fundamentals of Big data management principles; i.e. parallelism, server-cluster, shards, partition and sort keys
– IoT protocols like MQTT
– Scrum methodology
- Additional qualifying experience:
– Mobile Network technology
– LPWA; LoRa, NB-IoT etc.
– Reference/master data and BI-backend
As a person, you are:
- Technical very skilled in programming
- Respectful to everyone, regardless of gender, culture, authority level and origin
- Enjoy sharing technical know-how and good practice
- Thriving in a cloud based data driven world
- Taking pride in explaining code and implementation to team members
- Always focusing on security by design
- Responsible and business oriented
- Positive and optimistic
- Collaborating well with others
- Proactive and dependable
- Adhere to the Telenor Values in daily work and instill these values in the team (Make It Easy, Keep Promises, Be Inspiring and Be Respectful)
Application and contact:
If you feel that you have the skills and personality to take on this role and develop into your full potential, please do not hesitate to contact: Anders Bresell +46 709-335585 or email@example.com
Please send your cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The closing date for applications is September 15th, 2017. Recruitment will be ongoing so please don’t wait to submit your application.