Our Managed Connectivity enable you to successfully launch, manage, and monetize your IoT products and devices. Seamlessly roll-out around the world with our standardized Global SIM. Once up and running, automated delivery and management makes operation and optimisation of your IoT solution easy and intuitive. Keep reading to learn the details of our Managed Connectivity offering.
A secure, global IoT connectivity solution using cellular technology to manage your connected products and devices from Telenor Connexion.
Managed Connectivity in summary
- A fully secure, scalable, multi-network cellular solution
- A connectivity solution-as-a-service
- Access to 400+ global mobile networks
- Real time insight via ARTS
Global SIM cards are designed to withstand the high demands set by industrial IoT products. Our SIM cards are adapted to current standards and regulations; this makes the end product marketable and usable worldwide. A Global SIM needs a Global Subscription.
- To get started with Managed Connectivity, the product needs an integrated device for IoT. If you do not have an IoT ready device, we can help with this.
- A SIM card tailored to meet your solutions requirements.
- Option to customize the SIM Profile after your needs.
- Customized printing and configuration options.
- Different design options possible.
- One SIM card regardless of where your product is sold or used.
- Simplified logistics.
- Improved branding awareness if your logo is printed on the SIM card.
A Global Subscription provides a Global SIM with access to mobile networks. A Subscription defines connectivity services for a specific SIM card or a group of SIM cards.
- Various types of network access (PS Data, SMS, Voice).
- Subscription management via Self Service Portal.
- Tailored coverage profiles.
- Access to 400+ mobile networks globally.
- Possibility change subscriptions states.
- Allows to meet different geographical footprints.
- Multiple networks give both un-beaten coverage, reliability and redundancy.
- Adapt your connectivity solution in real-time to ever changing demands.
Access Point Name
Access Point Name (APN) is necessary for connectivity between the mobile network and the internet in an IoT solution.With APN the device knows where in the mobile network to connect to allow internet access.
There are three types of APNs to choose from:
- Standard APN – suitable when only internet access is required.
- Customized APN – offers customer specific name for the APN.
- Private APN – used for a secure connection together with a VPN.
- Possibility to use a company name for the APN.
- Multiple SIM cards can attach to the same APN.
Virtual Private Network
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) protects the transfer of information through the internet and increases the security of the product. A VPN creates a secure connection between your data center and the product.
- Single VPN.
- Redundant VPN – adds extra robustness.
- Increased security.
- Lowered risk of data loss.
- Possibility to restrict data traffic.
- High availability.
Short Message Service Center Account
Short Message Service Center (SMSC) account provides the ability to send and receive SMS between applications in the customer´s data center and the product.
- Customizable capacity for number of SMS delivery attempts.
- Option to select the address number used to access the SMSC.
- Choose between short, long or alphanumeric address numbers.
- Send SMS to all your products at once.
Remote SIM Management
Remote SIM Management (RSM) provides the possibility to remotely change a mobile network operator after product is deployed. RSM gives flexibility to the product design since the IoT device can be placed where it does not need to be physically accessible.
- Robust and resilient embedded SIM card for demanding environmental conditions.
- Remote over-the-air provisioning.
- Future proof UICC solution.
- Possibility to change MNO service provider.
- Limits need for physical maintenance.
- Increases the life cycle of the device.
- Allows slimmer design options.
- Increases security by limiting physical access.
Location Based Service
Location Based Service (LBS) is a simple way of getting the location of a product without using GPS.
- Receive approximate device position.
- Only requires a Global Subscription.
- Low data traffic cost.